Registering to vote is now easier than ever!
If it's your first time registering, changing your address or had a name change, registering to vote is just a few clicks away.
To vote In Illinois:
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- You must be 17 years old on or before the date of the Primary Election and turn 18 on or before the date of the General Election.
- You must live in your election precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.
- Not be convicted and in jail.
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere else.
To apply to register or update your existing registration, you must provide us with:
- Your Illinois Drivers License or Illinois State ID number.
- Date the license or ID was issued.
- The last four digits of your social security number.
- Your birth date.
If you do NOT have a Illinois Drivers License or Illinois State ID number
Please use the State Board of Election's paper based Voter Registration Application Tool.
If you think that you may already be registered to vote, you can check by using the State Board of Election's Voter Registration Lookup.